Thursday, February 4, 2010

Pesto Italian Turkey Burger with Fries



Homemade french fries are the best. Personally, I think they are way better than fast food fries. Hint: cut your fries, soak them in water for about 15 minutes to get the starch out of them and then bake them OR freeze them for later. Lay your fries on a greased baking sheet, spray them with cooking spray and sprinkle them with desired seasonings. The ones I made were Garlic Salt with Parsley. Bake them at 425 for about 15-20 minutes (depending on desired crispiness), flipping half way through. I prefer crispy fries. I give crispy homemade fries with 10.



Put your ground turkey in a big mixing bowl. Add about 2 Tablespoons of basil pesto, about 1/2-3/4 cups of italian bread crumbs and about the same of parmesan cheese. Mix together with your hands and separate into four sections. Shape your burgers leaving it thinner in the middle and cook. They may have taken about 5-7 minutes on each side. I put dijon mustard as my sauce with tomatoes and lettuce and cheese.

Overall, it needs a better sauce to compliment the burger. I would give it about a 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment