Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Boneless Ribs and Mashed Potatoes



This picture was taken after dinner so it is not the best.

Mix together:
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup ketchup
2 teaspoons dry mustard
2/3 cup vinegar
2 teaspoons salt
1/3 cup molasses
a dash of pepper and paprika

Brown your ribs in a frying pan and then place in a baking dish. Pour the sauce over the ribs and bake at 350 for 2-2 1/2 hours, flipping the meat periodically.

I put a twist on mashed potatoes. I boiled a can of southern white beans for about 10 minutes and then I pureed them with a piece of garlic. Meanwhile, I started boiling 3 large russet potatoes. After the potatoes are done cooking, drain (reserving about a cup of water) and mash and then add the pureed beans and reserved water.

This is where I need to work on the recipe. I added some salt, pepper, milk and parsley to the mashed potatoes but because of the bean texture and taste, something wasn't quite right. We ate it anyways. They were not too bad.

You can use some of the extra rib sauce as gravy.

I would rate the ribs about a 9 and the mashed potatoes about a 5.

2 comments:

  1. the ribs sound good. I've been trying a lot of new recipes lately and I am definitely going to go buy some ribs to try this. Would the sauce be good on other meat? like chicken or pork roast or something?

    ReplyDelete
  2. the sauce would be good on anything you would put bbq sauce on. It is slort of like bbq sauce.

    ReplyDelete