Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Molten Lava Chocolate Cake



Melt 8 oz chocolate and 2 sticks of butter together and let it sit and cool.

Combine 4 eggs and 1/2 cup of sugar and whisk it until puffy. It might be about 10 minutes.

Stir in the cooled chocolate and 4 tablespoons of flour, 1 teaspoon nutmeg, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (or 1 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract if you want a mint flavor).

Pour the chocolate mixture into buttered and floured ramekins (or mugs) half-way. Place chocolate chips in the center and then pour the remaining mixture to cover the chocolate chips.

Bake at 350 for about 14-17 minutes.

This recipe needed less nutmeg and more lava. Maybe I cooked it too long. It was really good and my family rated it a 4.2.

2 comments:

  1. YUM. I read a recipe like this not too long ago and wanted to try it so bad. Now I want to try it even more. I wish I was eating sweets right about now....

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK... that looks amazing. I'm going to have to try that. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete