Friday, February 5, 2010

Thai Red Curry with Green Beans and Eggplant



Job loves curry, especially curry with eggplant. I've made pineapple curry, which was good and probably the easiest curry to make. I thought I would try a different kind. I found this recipe on-line. It doesn't have meat, but you can put meat in it if you want to. Job also likes his saucier so he can "sop" his rice in it. I added extra coconut milk.

In a saucepan combine 1 lb eggplant and 2 tablespoons oil. Cook for 3 minutes.

Meanwhile, combine 3-4 tablespoons of coconut milk with 1 tablespoons ginger, 1 teaspoon ginger and 1 tablespoon red curry paste.

To the saucepan, add 1 lb green beans (i cut mine into smaller pieces), 1 red onion, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar and 1 13.5 oz can coconut milk (more if you want it saucier).

Stir in your curry paste mixture and simmer for about 8 minutes.
Stir in 1/2 cup thai or sweet basil leaves and 2 teaspoons lime juice.
Serve with rice.

This was actually really easy and better than I thought I could make. It makes me want to try more currys, especially since my husband is a fan of them.

I would rate it about an 8 because I think there might be a better red curry recipe and my eggplant was soft to begin with.

1 comment:

  1. mmmm... this looks really good. Really cute blog too! Hope you're having fun with it.

    ReplyDelete