Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Bread Pudding with Apples and Raisins



I have never had bread pudding before because I didn't know what I would think about "soggy bread" pudding style. Not my kind of thing, but I thought I would give it a shot when I had extra hamburger buns.

I tore up four hamburger buns and placed them into a greased pan. I cut up one apple and tossed it with the bread with a handful of raisins.

In a seperate bowl I combined 5 eggs, 2 cans of canned milk, some extra milk, cinnamon, vanilla and nutmeg. I poured the mixture over the bread and let it sit for about 1/2 hour.

I baked it at 350 for about 30-45 minutes, until set and the fork comes out clean.

It was not bad for my first time, but I think it needs some more flavor. I would rate it about a 2.5.

If anyone has a recipe for a really good bread pudding I would love to try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment