Thursday, February 4, 2010

Baquette with Roasted Red Pepper Spread and Potato Chips



I had a potato chipper, which made it easy to cut the potatoes into thin strips. I soaked them in water for 15 minutes and then deep fried them for several minutes until golden brown. I placed them on paper towels and sprinkled with garlic salt.
Not bad. I want to figure out how to put different taste to them, but I would rate them a 4 because I like more flavor to my chips then just salt.



Combine 8 oz cream cheese, 17 oz roasted red pepper (i roasted my own red peppers and it worked just fine), 3 tablespoons minced onion and 1 minced garlic clove in a food processor.

Cut a baquette lengthwise and tear out some of the middle to make room for your mixture. Spread your mixture and top with lettuce and radicchio (i used red cabbage).

I think it had too much garlic, i would use a smaller clove.
It was fantastic, so i would rate it a 7.

1 comment: