Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Zucchini Soup with Bruschetta


Bruschetta

I did this a while ago and can't really remember EVERYTHING i put in it. I will try. Great northern white beans, parsley, lemon juice, salt, garlic. I pureed it together and put in on toasted bread.


Curried Zucchini Soup

2 pounds of zucchini, sliced (about 4)
5 green onions, chopped
4 cups chicken broth
1-2 tablespoons butter or margarine (optional)
1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper

In a large saucepan, combine all ingrediants. Simmer, covered, until zucchini is soft (about 15 minutes). Puree in SMALL batches in a blender on low speed; return to pan and heat through.

I might have added a little too much cayenne pepper so it was a little spicy. You can omit the cayenne pepper altogether if you don't like the kick it gives.

It froze great. I would rate it a 8 out of 10. It has a light feeling and went great with the bruschetta. I dipped the bread in the soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment