Monday, October 4, 2010

Haunting Hot Chocolate


When planning meals for my family I was looking through my halloween cookbooks and found this hot chocolate. It sounded so good.

In a saucepan put 1/4 cup whole milk, dash of nutmeg, 3/4 cup white chocolate pieces ( I used white chocolate chips) and orange peel from a whole orange. On low heat, whisk until the chocolate is melted ( I kept it on a little longer to let the orange flavor set in a little more. Remove the orange peel and add 2 3/4 cup more milk. Heat through. Once warmed through, remove from heat, add 1 tablespoon vanilla. Pour in cups. Top with whipped cream and sprinkle with more nutmeg.

This recipe made enough for only the two of us. It was so good we had it two nights in a row. It is a new family favorite.

I would rate this a 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment