Thursday, September 16, 2010

Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas



Sorry about the blurry picture. It was so good so I wanted to share it with you. I found this recipe on Our Family Treat Blog (on our family blog side bar). It sounded so good so I had to make them. The only problem was was that I got the wrong green sauce at the store. The recipe calls for green enchilada sauce in a can and I accidently got the taco sauce in a bottle. The sauce in the bottle is thicker so I had to thin it out and add more flavor. I added chicken broth, olive oil, onion, salt, oregano, garlic salt and about a quarter cup of canned tomato pieces (with sauce). The recipe rolls the chicken up inside the tortilla but I grew up with enchiladas sort of casserole style (layered with tortillas, chicken, sauce and cheese). We had company over when I served it and everyone loved it. We ate almost all of it. I also served it with sour cream on the side.

4 chicken breasts-shredded
4 tablespoons lime juice-or juice from a lime
5 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
6-8 flour tortillas
mexican cheese or cheddar-we only had cheddar on hand
1 can green enchilada sauce


Mix together the chicken, lime juice, honey, chili powder, and garlic powder. Layer a small amount of your enchilada sauce on the bottom of your 9x13 pan. On your tortillas put about 1/4 a cup of your chicken mixture, then sprinkle with cheese and roll up. Place seam side down. Once all rolled up, pour the enchilada sauce on your enchiladas. Then sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.

I would rate this a 9 out of 10. I forgot to rate the last two posts so I will now. The pie would have been definately a 10 and the calas would have been a 6 or 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment